AT EDIBLE ISLAND
- We source the best quality products.
- We take care in knowing where products come from and how they’re made.
- We actively educate our team so they can pass information on to customers.
- We support our local farms and food producers.
- We operate privately and have more independence than ‘big food’.
- We negotiate with our suppliers for the best prices so we can be competitive.
- We value feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.
- We find creative ways to manage global supply issues.
- We make policies for the safety and comfort of our staff and most vulnerable customers.
- We don’t cut corners and make things ‘cheaper’ when it hurts someone. Especially a farmer.
- We don’t do green-washing - it’s got to be legit.
- We don’t expect all products to be available all the time. Pandemics and floods happen.
- We don’t apologise for doing what feels right – even if it’s not the most popular choice.
Read about our part in the movement against ‘big food’ in this feature article by the CV Collective:
READ ‘FED UP NO MORE‘