Chickpea & Spinach Curry
Recipe and Photo by Pacific Foods
How yummy looking is this quick and easy vegan curry by Pacific Foods? It's the perfect meal to warm up with.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger root
- 1 to 2 serrano or jalapeño pepper, diced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)(or one 30 ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup Pacific Foods™ Cashew Unsweetened Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 cup Pacific Foods™ Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 tomato, diced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice(from 1/2-1 whole lemon)
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and jalapeño pepper and cook for 1 minute, then add the curry powder, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Let cook for 30 seconds.
Add the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, cashew milk, and vegetable broth and bring to a low boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are softened and breaking down.
Add the spinach in batches, letting it wilt to fit before adding more. Once all spinach is added let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until spinach is very tender and flavors have melded. Turn off heat and add in lemon juice. Taste and adjust salt or lemon juice as desired. Serve garnished with minced chili peppers, cilantro, lemon wedges on the side for extra citrus, and basmati rice.
Original Recipe Source: https://www.pacificfoods.com/recipes/chickpea-and-spinach-curry/