Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache Cupcakes
Made with decadent hazelnut butter and chocolate these cupcakes by our friends at Nuts to You are the perfect indulgence. Swap gluten-free flour or an egg replacement to make it work for your own special diet. This type of ganache is so rich and creamy ... you will want to eat it on it's own.
Hazelnuts are jam packed with nutrients like protein, omega 3's, manganese, copper and vitamin E. They are particularly good for the heart and promoting healthy cholesterol balance.
Not that we needed convincing!
For the ganache frosting
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- ½ cup Nuts to You Hazelnut Butter
- Pinch of salt
For the cupcakes
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup warm coffee
- 1 Tbsp white or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- To make the ganache, warm coconut milk in a pot on medium heat until the lumps turn liquid and the milk is steaming. Add chocolate chips, Hazelnut Butter and salt and whisk constantly until fully incorporated and smooth. Transfer the mixture into a shallow dish to come to room temperature, about two hours.
- To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350⁰F. Place liners in a muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, oil, milk, egg and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Sift in flour and fold until mostly combined; try not to over mix once flour is added.
- Pour in coffee and vinegar. Whisk quickly to combine until smooth.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tins and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Frost the cupcakes to your liking, garnish with chopped hazelnuts and enjoy! Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Nuts to You