Cloud 9 Gluten Free's Lemon Yogurt Loaf
The Cloud 9 baking line up is certified gluten-free and is free from all 10 common food allergens, Kosher and meets the specialty diet requirements of a broad spectrum of customers.
Their unique blends have been painstakingly created to provide delicious and easy-to-use gluten-free flours and mixes with exceptional taste and texture. Cloud 9 gluten-free flours and mixes use only high-quality ingredients with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives and consistently deliver delicious results!
We know you're going to love baking with the Cloud 9 products in your own gluten-free kitchens. Here is the perfect recipe to start you off. Enjoy!
- 1 2/3 Cups Cloud 9 Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Greek-Style Yogurt – at least 5% fat
- 2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Fine Grated Lemon Zest
For the Glaze:
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a standard size loaf pan with parchment paper or butter and flour it and set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until well combined.
- Add yogurt and vegetable oil and whisk until smooth.
- Add sugar, salt and lemon zest.
- Add flour in one step and using a spatula, mix until combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan and place in oven.
- Bake until the centre of the cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing it from pan.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking lemon juice and powdered sugar together, add butter.
- Spread glaze over the loaf.
Bake/Cook Time: 1h
Yield: One 9-10 inch cake serving 9-12
Measure your flour by gently spooning it into a cup and sweep off any excess.
Do not use the measuring cup to scoop from the bag as it may compact the flour resulting in more flour than required.
Thicker Glaze: If you like a thicker glaze, add in extra powdered sugar a tsp at a time
Recipe and photo source: Cloud 9 Gluten-Free